Michael page

Michael and Vicki
Michael and Vicki

Home Mike & Vicki's Wedding Honeymoon

With great sadness we add this notice to our Family web site.
On the afternoon of Thursday 12th June 2014, Michael was riding his cycle home from work when he was struck by a vehicle and killed.
We believe three vehicles were involved. Michael was taken to the Royal Liverpool Hospital.
Our love and thoughts go to everyone who knew Michael for their kind words and thoughts.
Please click here to read The tributes to Michael read in St Laurence Church on Monday 30th June 2014.

On Friday 8th May 2009, Michael and five friends, Gavin Wright (driver), John Saunders, Owen Moran, Sean Richards and Simon Page, set off from Frodsham to complete the 3 Peaks challenge in under 24 hours. They travelled by car together with a Gavin to Ben Nevis. They started the challenge at 5.10pm from Glen Nevis to climb the Pony Track to the summit. At 1,344 metres (4,409 ft) above sea level, Ben Nevis is the highest mountain in the British Isles. They gained the summit in driving snow but in daylight. Visibility was zero and navigation almost impossible. They returned to base at 9.10pm, having made the climb and descent in 4 hours.

They were then driven to Scafell Pike in The Lake District. At 978 metres (3,209 ft), Scafell Pike is the highest mountain in England. They set off from Wasdale Head at 4.00am Saturday 9th May 2009, in the dark. They arrived back at Wasdale at 7am, after 3 hours of climbing.

Finally to Snowden in North Wales. They started from Pen y pass at 12.10pm and climbed the Minerís track to the summit at 1,085 metres (3,560 ft). The weather at the summit was horrific and the worst they were to come across during the challenge. They all described the summit weather as the heaviest winds any of them had ever experienced, driving rain in severe gusts. They returned by the same track arriving at Pen y pass at 3.40pm.

The full 3 peaks was completed in 22.5 hours.

Mike's Photos 2006 Mike's New Year Photographs 2007